Advantages and disadvantages of wood
Advantages of wood
1) Easy to process. It can be processed with simple hand tools. After sawing, milling, planing, drilling and other processes can be made into a variety of contoured parts, can also be through adhesive and various metal joint assembly. At the same time, it can be bent and compressed into curved parts after cooking.
2) The ratio of strength to weight of wood is high. The strong weight ratio is the value of strength per unit mass. The high strength weight ratio of a material indicates that the material is light and strong.
3) Thermal insulation and electrical insulation characteristics. Such as the handle of general equipment, such as screwdriver, big spoon handle.
4) Wood with natural beautiful patterns, gloss and color, can play a special decorative effect.
5) Absorption of ultraviolet ray, reduce the harm of ultraviolet ray to human body; The reflection of infrared ray makes people feel warm to wood. It has good acoustical properties and is often made into Musical Instruments. It is one of the main sources of cellulose.Some components of health care drugs may also be provided.
6) Wood has the function of absorbing energy (such as sleepers) and warning of damage warning (wood is a elastic-plastic body, which has certain warning and sense of security when damaged).
7) It can automatically adjust the effect of room temperature and humidity environment.
Disadvantages of wood
1) It has the property of dry shrinkage and wet expansion. Wood in water or precipitation volume size of the wet expansion and shrinkage occurs, this expansion is anisotropic, and the timber swell-shrink of uneven in all directions, it will cause wood resource material defects such as crack, warp.
2) Wood is easy to corrode and moth.
3) Wood burns easily.
4) There are many natural defects, such as scarring, twill, oil hole, internal stress and other natural defects, which reduce the usability of materials.